feature (id #208):
Chum Salmon – Commercial Troll
|description||The map displays the number of chum salmon commercially caught by troll (2001-2007), displayed by salmon catch estimate areas. The spatial data also includes total number of boat days for years fished, although this is not displayed on the maps.|
|atlas page||view PDF (1.5 MB)
(This item is not in our 2010 printed atlas.)
|feature GIS data||download ZIP of shapefiles (7.3 MB)|
|Marxan metadata||view online|
|Marxan-ready data||download ZIP of shapefiles (4.4 MB)|
See our Glossary to learn about these terms (metadata, feature GIS data, Marxan-ready data, etc)
for data layer: Troll Catch and Effort (separate files by year for 2001 - 2007)
custodian — Fisheries and Oceans Canada: Dwight McCullough, GIS Coordinator, OHEB
restrictions — There are restrictions set on BCMCA distributing the raw data.
how to access the restricted data
This feature was created from 1 raw data layer. Each data layer has a custodian and different restrictions as to which types of data BCMCA may distribute on this website. The unrestricted feature and Marxan-ready data are available to download at the map & data tab. To gain access to the restricted data, please go through the following process:
- Determine whether you are interested in the feature data or Marxan-ready data. (See the Glossary for descriptions on these data types.)
- Using the info below, make a list of the custodians you will need to contact for permission to use the data. Please note that many of the features use similar data layers and require permission from the same custodians. Also note that BCMCA does not supply the contact information for the custodians, but they can be found through web searches. Then contact each of the custodians directly, indicating:
- which features you are requesting permission to have data for
- whether you are requesting the feature data or Marxan-ready data
- When all of the required permissions have been received for a feature or set of features, please forward the email confirmations to the BCMCA data custodian at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain the data.
An index of all the data custodians for ALL features is available here.
one comment about this feature
Please note that DFO recommends that the 2001 data should be excluded because they were collected before refinements to the collection methods were established.