feature (id #200):
Roe Herring – Commercial Gillnet
|description||Estimated catch (metric tonnes) for the roe herring commercial fishery by gillnet (1989-2008) shown by open areas.|
|atlas page||view PDF (3.5 MB)
(Find in our 2010 printed atlas on page 149.)
|feature GIS data||download ZIP of shapefiles (0.9 MB)|
|Marxan metadata||view online|
|Marxan-ready data||download ZIP of shapefiles (0.1 MB)|
See our Glossary to learn about these terms (metadata, feature GIS data, Marxan-ready data, etc)
for data layers: Gillnet catchpoints; Herring openings (separate files by year for 1989-2008)
custodian — Fisheries and Oceans Canada
restrictions — There are restrictions set on BCMCA distributing the raw data.
how to access the restricted data
This feature was created from 2 raw data layers. Each data layer has a custodian and different restrictions as to which types of data BCMCA may distribute on this website. The unrestricted feature and Marxan-ready data are available to download at the map & data tab. To gain access to the restricted data, please go through the following process:
- Determine whether you are interested in the feature data or Marxan-ready data. (See the Glossary for descriptions on these data types.)
- Using the info below, make a list of the custodians you will need to contact for permission to use the data. Please note that many of the features use similar data layers and require permission from the same custodians. Also note that BCMCA does not supply the contact information for the custodians, but they can be found through web searches. Then contact each of the custodians directly, indicating:
- which features you are requesting permission to have data for
- whether you are requesting the feature data or Marxan-ready data
- When all of the required permissions have been received for a feature or set of features, please forward the email confirmations to the BCMCA data custodian at email@example.com to obtain the data.
An index of all the data custodians for ALL features is available here.