feature (id #260):
Rockfish Conservation Areas
|description||Rockfish Conservation Areas (RCAs) established to protect rockfish stocks in British Columbia.|
|atlas page||This altas page is not yet available for download from BCMCA.
(This item is not in our 2010 printed atlas.)
|feature GIS data||download ZIP of shapefiles (4.2 MB)|
|Marxan metadata||As BCMCA does not use this feature in the analyses, Marxan metadata was not generated for this feature.|
|Marxan-ready data||Either BCMCA does not have permission to share Marxan data for this feature (see data custodians), or BCMCA does not use this feature in the analyses and so no Marxan data was generated for this feature.|
See our Glossary to learn about these terms (metadata, feature GIS data, Marxan-ready data, etc)
for data layer: Rockfish Conservation Areas
custodian — Fisheries and Oceans Canada
how to access the restricted data
This feature was created from 1 raw data layer. Each data layer has a custodian and different restrictions as to which types of data BCMCA may distribute on this website. The unrestricted feature and Marxan-ready data are available to download at the map & data tab. To gain access to the restricted data, please go through the following process:
- Determine whether you are interested in the feature data or Marxan-ready data. (See the Glossary for descriptions on these data types.)
- Using the info below, make a list of the custodians you will need to contact for permission to use the data. Please note that many of the features use similar data layers and require permission from the same custodians. Also note that BCMCA does not supply the contact information for the custodians, but they can be found through web searches. Then contact each of the custodians directly, indicating:
- which features you are requesting permission to have data for
- whether you are requesting the feature data or Marxan-ready data
- When all of the required permissions have been received for a feature or set of features, please forward the email confirmations to the BCMCA data custodian at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain the data.
An index of all the data custodians for ALL features is available here.