feature (id #261):
Coastal Campsites and Kayak Use Sites
|tourism and recreation
|Coastal camping sites and sea kayak day use sites.
|view PDF (3.8 MB)
(Find in our 2010 printed atlas on page 231.)
|feature GIS data
|BCMCA does not have permission to share data for this feature (see data custodians).
|Either BCMCA does not have permission to share Marxan data for this feature (see data custodians), or BCMCA does not use this feature in the analyses and so no Marxan data was generated for this feature.
See our Glossary to learn about these terms (metadata, feature GIS data, Marxan-ready data, etc)
for data layer: Campsites and kayak use sites
custodian — BCMCA:
for data layer: BC Marine Trail Network
custodian — BC Marine Trail Network c/o BC Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations: Paul Tataryn
restrictions — There are restrictions set on BCMCA distributing the raw data, feature data, and Marxan-ready data.
for data layer: Central Coast LRMP data
custodian — Outdoor Recreation Council (via GeoBC): Doug Fetherston (formerly Province of BC)
for data layer: Coastal Resource Inventory
custodian — Province of BC - Coastal Resource Information Management System (CRIMS): Carol Ogborne
for data layer: Tourism Opportunity Studies
custodian — Province of British Columbia, GeoBC: Robert Gowan
how to access the restricted data
This feature was created from 5 raw data layers. Each data layer has a custodian and different restrictions as to which types of data BCMCA may distribute on this website. The unrestricted feature and Marxan-ready data are available to download at the map & data tab. To gain access to the restricted data, please go through the following process:
- Determine whether you are interested in the feature data or Marxan-ready data. (See the Glossary for descriptions on these data types.)
- Using the info below, make a list of the custodians you will need to contact for permission to use the data. Please note that many of the features use similar data layers and require permission from the same custodians. Also note that BCMCA does not supply the contact information for the custodians, but they can be found through web searches. Then contact each of the custodians directly, indicating:
- which features you are requesting permission to have data for
- whether you are requesting the feature data or Marxan-ready data
- When all of the required permissions have been received for a feature or set of features, please forward the email confirmations to the BCMCA data custodian at email@example.com to obtain the data.
An index of all the data custodians for ALL features is available here.